Uploading Work Plans
While Mosaic can be used to create Work Plans, Work Plans can also be uploaded from tools to Mosaic for complete overviews on your team's current, past, or upcoming work
To upload Work Plans via spreadsheets:
Confirm either Mosaic Support or your Customer Success Manager have enabled the Work Plan upload tool on your account. To request this tool be added to your account, reach out to our team via [email protected]
Next, download the Work Plan template here and fill out all the fields. You can find details regarding the fields and requirements below.
Note: You can replace the "Hours per day" column with "Total Hours"
It is recommended to use pre-existing projects and phases in Mosaic
It is possible to create and import new projects for your imported Work Plans during the import process. However, to help prevent any mistakes when importing, it is recommended to import/update Work Plan details into a project that already exists on Mosaic.
If importing into a pre-existing project then the names and numbers must match exactly as is on Mosaic. If they do not match exactly you may get error fields during the import process, indicating where the names do not match, or unintentionally create new projects.
Here is an overview of the details needed for each column:
|Email of employee|
Note This must match the existing employee email in Mosaic
|Portfolio||Name of portfolio containing the project|
Note This must match a existing portfolio in Mosaic
|Project Name||Name of the project|
Note This should match the name as is in Mosaic, and should match project number.
|Project Number||Identifying project number|
Note This should match the number as is in Mosaic, and should match project name.
|Phase||Phase within the project being worked on||Surveying||Yes|
|Phase Number||Identifying phase number|
Note If added, this must match the provided phase.
|Work Category||Type of work being performed|
Note If the phase has work category restrictions then this name must match one of the categories. If not then you can select any name.
|Planning||This is only required if the matching phase has work categories.|
If this is a new phase, or one that has no matching work categories, this field is not required
|Start||Date the work will start/started||2021-05-04||Yes|
|End||Date the work will end/ended|
Note This cannot be before the start date.
|Total Hours||Total hours given to complete the project.|
Note: This will be used to calculate the hours per day using the start and end date of the project, and cannot be used together with "Hours Per Day"
This is the default field for Work Plan hours. Hours Per Day is an alternative field to Total Hours.
|Hours Per Day||Hours per day allotted between the given start/end dates.||7.5||No|
This is the alternative field to the default Total Hours field for Work Plan hours.
|Description||Description of the work plan||Fall 2022 Work Plan||No|
|Include Days Off||Whether or not the Work Plan should add work on days off for the given task.|
Work can be scheduled in Mosaic for 7 Days/Week. If you want plans to only be scheduled on work days (M-F) and not weekend days, this should be "false"
Note: This is set to false as default, and can be left blank
|accepted values = "true" and "false"||No|
|Is Tentative (Coming soon)||Whether the work plan is tentative or not.||accepted values = "true" and "false"||No|
Each line represents a new entry
A new line should be created for each person in the Work Plan. For each person, each new phase/work category they are to work on should also get a new line. (eg. If you want to add 2 people to a project and there are 2 phases, but one person is only working on one phase, then we would see 3 lines of data in the spreadsheet)
- Navigate to the Planner page from the sidebar menu on the left, and select the 3 dot menu beside the "sort" button under Work Plans, as shown below:
- Click upload work plans once finishes loading
- Select the file you would like to import using the file selector or drag and drop the file here. After filling in the first row, the other rows should auto-populate.
- For each of the columns, the software will try to auto-map the information that we need. You can also change the mapped columns by clicking the dropdown from your columns. It may take some time for the information to auto-populate in our field columns.
Note: If there are any issues with the data, it will show number of errors for each column, and the rows that have issues. You can use the QuickFixes options.
- After you've confirmed the sheet is filled in corrected, click continue. You may see a message like this:
- When the data is successfully uploaded, you will see see a message like this:
- Click done and that's it! Your newly uploaded Work Plans have been successfully uploaded to Mosaic. Please allow up to 24 hours for all Work Plans to finish populating on Mosaic.
PTO Work Plans
The process is the same as normal work plans, but since PTO project is a default project that is created by Mosaic, so you won't be able to find it in your projects or portfolios.
Here is the information you need:
- Portfolio Name: default name is your company name
- Project Name: default name is PTO
- Project ID: no project ID on PTO project by default, but you can manually set an ID for it
- Project Phase: PTO project has one default phase, but if your PTO project have multiple phases, make sure to specify which phase the work plan should be in.
Where to find these information?
- Go to Home > timesheet
- Click "Add Time Entry"
- PTO project usually is the first one to show on the project list.
- Project Name: In this case, the project has been renamed as Day Off.
- Portfoilo Name: The folder top of the project, Mosaic / Administrative
- Project ID: The number on top of the project, 4938
- Phase Name: Under the project you can see 4 phases, these will be the phase names to put on the work plans.
"Vacation/Sick" is the default description of the project, this is not necessary when importing work plans.
What if I didn't see a project ID or I want to change the project name?
If you didn't see a project ID on top of your PTO project, this means it doesn't have one yet. But you can add a project ID to this project.
- Click on the project and select a phase (if any). This will create a time entry like below.
- Click the three dot and select view project info.
- You will see a modal like below. From here, you can add an ID to your project or change the project name if needed and just simply press save when you are done.
- You should see your project ID (and new name) appear on the top of the project now.
If the email, project name/number, phase name/number, work category, start/end dates, and description match a previously existing Work Plan, then the existing Work Plan will be updated with the new Work Plans hours.
Note if the optional fields (eg. description, phase number) are omitted in both the original and new, this will count as matching.
Updated 22 days ago