- Configure RDP or VPN access for Mosaic to connect to your server machine (Link to download Getscreen.me).
- Ensure that Replication Components are enabled on SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Ensure that Agent XPs are enabled on SQL Server.
- Create a Windows Admin user for Mosaic with Admin (sysadmin) access to SQL Server
- Ensure that if using SQL Server Management Studio 2012 or later, the required updates are installed
- Currently, we extend our support to the following versions of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS):
- SQL Server Management Studio 2012
- SQL Server Management Studio 2014
- SQL Server Management Studio 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio version 17.x
- SQL Server Management Studio version 18.x (Recommended Version)
- Version Compatibility: At present, we've identified challenges with the replication process in SQL Server Management Studio 19.x when used for Mosaic integrations. While we anticipate future SSMS releases may address these issues, we currently advise using SQL Server Management Studio 18.12.1 to ensure a seamless integration experience.
- Link to download and install SSMS 18.12.1.
- Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition SQL Server 2012 or later
* Express edition is not supported in this process
- If using SQL Server Management Studio 2012: must have the latest Service Pack installed
- If using SQL Server Management Studio 2014: must have Service Pack 3 and Cumulative Update 4 or later installed
- Replication components for SQL Server Management Studio must be enabled.
- Agent XPs for SQL Server must be enabled.
- Remote access to the server hosting your application's SQL Server database
- VPN account (with relevant documentation) + RDP details
- OR screen sharing session via Getscreen.me
- Windows admin user that doesn't expire
- SysAdmin access to your application's SQL Server database
To ensure effective replication monitoring and troubleshooting, Mosaic recommends providing unattended remote access to the server machine for a minimum of 3 days after the replication setup. This can be achieved through VPN, RDP, or Getscreen.me.
To set up unattended remote access via Getscreen.me:
- Install the Getscreen.me application
- Open the application and navigate to the 'Permanent Access' tab and enter the following login/email: [email protected]
- Provide your Server Name, Production Database Name and login credentials for the Windows Admin user (with sysadmin access to SQL Server) to your Customer Success Manager if you haven't done so already.
Mosaic's Integrations Team will setup a publisher/subscriber job on your SQL Server Management Studio. The pub/sub jobs replicate your data to an Azure database, hosted by Mosaic.
You can expect that data is available in Mosaic up to 24 hours from the time that it is added in your source application. The subscriber established a one way connection from your database, to our Azure database. No changes will be pushed from Mosaic into your source application.
Note: The integration with Mosaic utilizes the Distributor, Publisher, and Subscriber components of SQL Server Management Studio. This requires your application's database to be connected to SQL Server Management Studio, the SQL Server Agent to be configured and running, and the provided Windows admin user and password to not expire.
Updated 24 days ago