While Mosaic can be used to input employees (members), members can also be uploaded from other tools to Mosaic for complete budgets and details on the progress of your projects.
To upload members:
Confirm either Mosaic Support or your Customer Success Manager have enabled the members upload tool on your account. To request this tool be added to your account, reach out to our team via [email protected]
Next, download the members import template here
Ensure your data is accurate and all employees are spelled correctly. Employees will be created exactly as you’ve entered them on the import template.
Ensure employee information is consistent throughout the import template. For example, discrepancies like the following will create duplicates:
- Employee: Benjamin Smith v Ben Smith
If Mosaic is integrated with your ﬁnancial tool, ensure the names on the import template match what is in Mosaic.
Here is an overview of the details needed for each column:
|Email of employee.||[email protected]||Yes|
|First Name||First name of employee.||Robert||Yes|
|Last Name||Last name of employee.||Smith||Yes|
|Skip Invite||Whether you would like to send an invitation email to the employee to sign up on Mosaic.|
Notes: accepted values = "true" and "false".
This is set to "true" as default and can be left blank.
|Employment Type||Employment types supported by Mosaic:|
- Member (default)
- Contractor (Internal)
- Project Contractor (External)
- Project Guest
Notes: accepted values = "default", "contractor_internal", "contractor_external", "guest".
This is set to "Member" as default and can be left blank.
Time entries are not supported for Guests.
|Role||The employee's role.||Marketing Coordinator||No|
|Rate Amount||Bill Rate (you can also add their Cost Rate once you are in Mosaic).|
Note: This is only required if providing a Rate Description.
|Rate Description||Normally the employee's title.|
Note: This is only required if providing a Rate Amount. This description needs to be unique. You cannot have same rate description for different rate amount.
|PTO Hours||The amount of annual Paid Time Off (PTO) hours for that employee.|
Note: This is only required if providing a PTO Description.
|PTO Description||The description for the PTO hours.|
Note: This is only required if providing PTO Hours. This description needs to be unique.
|This is a description||No|
|Discipline||The employee's discipline within the company.||Functional Services||No|
|Office||You can only choose existing office locations within the team.||New York||No|
|Region||The employee's primary region.||US||No|
|Department||The employee's division within the company.||Marketing||No|
|Skills||The employee's skills separated by a comma.|
There is also an option to add a skill level by appending ':[1-5]' to the skill name. If this is not provided, the default value will be 1.
Note: accepted values for skill level = 1-5.
|React, Node, Rails|
React:5, Node:3, Rails:2
|Currency (Coming soon)||The specific member's currency.|
accepted values = 3-letter ISO Currency Codes.
Members imports will only create additional roles and rates (if they don't exist on Mosaic), but it will not update or delete any existing roles or rates.
Export your completed members import file to the .csv format. Date fields work best in .csv formats.
Navigate to Company Settings -> Members and click the 3-dot menu, Import Members and select Upload Members to upload your .csv file.
- Select the file you would like to import using the file selector or drag and drop the file here.
- Once uploaded, the software will try to auto-map the information that we need. You can also change the mapped columns by clicking the dropdown from your columns. It may take some time for the information to auto-populate in our field columns.
- Once columns have been linked, and any red rows have been addressed, select "Continue" in the top right corner and click submit data.
Note: You should see this message when it's successfully uploaded
- Navigate to Company Settings -> Import to find your uploaded import in the Draft Import section. Click Import button.
- All members you just imported will show here if they are new. You can click New Members on the top to change to view All members in the import. Click the Member on the right side to modify the Membership setting of the imported members.
Click Confirm Import if everything looks good.
- The import will show in the Processing section. Wait for the import to complete.
- Thats it! Once the file processing is completed, it will show in the Completed section. Please allow up to 24 hours for all members to finish populating on Mosaic.
Updated 19 days ago