While Mosaic can be used to input employees (members), members can also be uploaded from other tools to Mosaic for complete budgets and details on the progress of your projects.
To upload members:
Confirm either Mosaic Support or your Customer Success Manager have enabled the members upload tool on your account. To request this tool be added to your account, reach out to our team via [email protected]
Next, download the members import template here
Ensure your data is accurate and all employees are spelled correctly. Employees will be created exactly as you’ve entered them on the import template.
Ensure employee information is consistent throughout the import template. For example, discrepancies like the following will create duplicates:
- Employee: Benjamin Smith v Ben Smith
If Mosaic is integrated with your ﬁnancial tool, ensure the names on the import template match what is in Mosaic.
Here is an overview of the details needed for each column:
Email of employee
First name of employee
Last name of employee
Whether you would like to send an invitation email to the employee to sign up on Mosaic
accepted values = "true" and "false"
Note: This is set to "true" as default and can be left blank
Employment types supported by Mosaic:
Note: Time entries are not supported for Guests.
accepted values =
Note: This is set to "Member" as default and can be left blank.
The employee's role
Bill Rate (you can also add their Cost Rate once you are in Mosaic)
This is only required if providing a Rate Description.
Normally the employee's title
This is only required if providing a Rate Amount. This description needs to be unique. You cannot have same rate description for different rate amount
The amount of annual Paid Time Off (PTO) hours for that employee
This is only required if providing a PTO Description.
The description for the PTO hours
This is a description
This is only required if providing PTO Hours. This description needs to be unique.
The employee's discipline within the company
You can only choose existing office locations within the team
The employee's primary region
The employee's division within the company
The employee's skills separated by a comma
React, Node, Rails
Currency (Coming soon)
The specific member's currency
accepted values = 3-letter ISO Currency Codes
Export your completed members import file to the .csv format. Date fields work best in .csv formats.
Navigate to Company Settings -> Members and click the 3-dot menu, Import Members and select Upload Members to upload your .csv file.
- Select the file you would like to import using the file selector or drag and drop the file here.
- Once uploaded, the software will try to auto-map the information that we need. You can also change the mapped columns by clicking the dropdown from your columns. It may take some time for the information to auto-populate in our field columns.
- Once columns have been linked, and any red rows have been addressed, select "Continue" in the top right corner and click submit data.
Note: You should see this message when it's successfully uploaded
- Thats it! Your newly uploaded members have been successfully uploaded to Mosaic. Please allow up to 24 hours for all members to finish populating on Mosaic.
Updated 15 days ago