While Mosaic can be used to input timesheet time, timesheet time can also be uploaded from other tools to Mosaic for complete budgets and details on the progress of your projects.
To upload timesheet time:
Confirm either Mosaic Support or your Customer Success Manager have enabled the timesheet upload tool on your account. To request this tool be added to your account, reach out to our team via [email protected]
Next, download the timesheet time import template here
Here is an overview of the details needed for each column:
|Date||Date of Time Entry.|
Note: All dates must be in YYYY-MM-DD format.
|Employee Name||Full Employee Name.|
Note: The employee must exist on Mosaic.
|Employee Email||Employee's Email Address.|
Note: The employee must exist on Mosaic.
|Portfolio||Name of the Portfolio that the Project is in.||2023 Projects with Subphases||No|
|Project||Title of Project.||Central Park||Yes|
|Project Ref#||Project Reference Number.||1234.1||Yes|
|Phase||Title of Phase.|
Note: Phase Name is not required if the project does not have a phase yet.
|Phase Ref#||Phase Reference Number.|
Note: Phase number is not required if the phase does not have a number in your financial tool that you are exporting phases from.
|Subphase 1||Title of 1st Subphase Level.||Concept Development||No|
|Subphase Ref#1||Reference Number of 1st Subphase Level.||120||No|
|Subphase 2||Title of 2nd Subphase Level.||Construction Documents||No|
|Subphase Ref# 2||Reference Number of 2nd Subphase Level.||300||No|
|Subphase 9||Title of 9th Subphase Level.||Blueprint Drafting||No|
|Subphase Ref# 9||Reference Number of 9th Subphase Level.||14||No|
|Work Category||Title of Work Category. Type of work being completed.|
Note: Not required if there is no work category under the project + phase.
|Work Category Ref#||Work Category Reference Number.||B50||No|
|Description||Details on the work being completed for the time entry.||Survey planning for south park entrance||No|
|Billable||Are the hours billable/non-billable?|
Notes: Accepted values = "true", "false".
Overridden by project, phase, work category.
Not required if you would like the default value for that project, phase and work category to be applied to your time entry.
The default value will be "true" if the project, phase and work category are all billable. If either project, phase or work category are non-billable, the default value will be "false".
You can override the default value by providing a different value for this field.
|Hourly Rate||Billable Rate.||250||No|
|Hours||Number of Hours.||3||Yes|
Every Line Denotes a New Entry
For each individual in the Time Entry, create a separate line. If a person has time entries under multiple phases or work categories, each time entry should also have its own line. For example, if you're adding two time entries to a project with two phases, but only one person has time on both phases, the spreadsheet should display three data lines.
Ensure your data is accurate and has unique values in the fields below as duplicate time entries in an import will be skipped.
The following fields are used to determine the uniqueness of a time entry for importing:
- Project Title
- Project Number
- Work Category
- Employee Name
- Employee Email
Tip: Provide a unique description for your time entry if all the above fields are identical.
- Export your completed timesheet import file to the .csv format. Date fields work best in .csv formats.
- Navigate to Company Settings > Timesheet, and click the
Upload Time Entriesbutton to upload your .csv file.
You can also import time entries from Company Settings > Import page, and click the
+ Import button.
Time Entries as the
Data to Import.
- Select the file you would like to import using the file selector or drag and drop the file here.
- Once uploaded, the software will try to auto-map the information that we need. You can also change the mapped columns by clicking the dropdown from your columns. It may take some time for the information to auto-populate in our field columns.
Red Highlighted Entries
Any boxes that appear in red indicate there is no matching value on Mosaic or there is a typo for this cell.
Please confirm if there is a typo, or if the value does not exist on Mosaic.
- If this is a typo, you can update the value in the uploader in the
- If this is not a typo, and you want to add the value to Mosaic, either skip the time entry via the checkbox to your left, or exit out of the timesheet import tool to add this value to Mosaic before trying to upload this file again.
For more information regarding grayed out rows, please refer to the Data Import FAQs.
- Once columns have been linked, and any red rows have been addressed, select "Continue" in the top right corner. Review your data once more, and click submit.
You should see this message when it's successfully uploaded:
- Click done to close the modal. Under the Draft Import section, click on the
Importbutton for the file that was just uploaded to review the import.
- Within the first review modal, Employees can either be linked with existing or imported as new. Once you are finished reviewing your Employees, click Continue.
- In the next page, Projects and Phases can either be linked with existing or imported as new. Once you finish reviewing the Projects and Phases, click Confirm Import. Please allow up to 24 hours for all imports to finish populating on Mosaic.
Ensure that Members are given at least Team Member Access Level to allow timesheet entries to be submitted by that member (Settings > Members > Access Level). Guests cannot have time entries.
Updated 2 days ago