- Yes, Mosaic will sync updates to time entries that happen either in QuickBooks, or in Mosaic.
- Mosaic will not update time entries in QuickBooks if they have been added to an invoice however. If you want to update a time entry on QuickBooks that is already associated with an invoice, you must remove that time entry from the invoice, let the data sync into QuickBooks from Mosaic, then re-add that time entry to your invoice.
- No, Mosaic syncs time entries to and from QuickBooks regardless of their approval status.
Q: Do I need to create phases for my Mosaic projects if I'm expecting to see time entries organized by my service items on QuickBooks?
- No, you should not create phases on Mosaic. Your time entries will be organized into a work category corresponding to your service item.
- You should also not create phases on Mosaic if your project does not have any sub-sub-customers/phases on QuickBooks and your time entries are coming from QuickBooks to Mosaic.
Q: I have moved my time entries to a new project on Mosaic, why am I still seeing time entries in the old project on QuickBooks?
- For time to move out of QuickBooks you need to have the internal (Mosaic) project also linked with a project on QuickBooks. Mosaic does not delete time entries on QuickBooks if the new project is not linked.
- QuickBooks Online requires that QuickBooks Time time entries be approved in QuickBooks Online before they can be available through an integration. Please make sure that you have approved the time entries that you are missing in Mosaic.
- Disconnect your Mosaic app from QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks Online and go to > Apps > My Apps
- Find Mosaic app in the list
- Open the dropdown for the Mosaic app and select
- Disconnect your QuickBooks integration from Mosaic
- Open your Mosaic instance and go to your company's Settings > Integrations
- If you have multiple integrations, select QuickBooks Online under Current Integrations
- Click the Settings icon
Disconnect QuickBooksfrom the Integration Settings page
- Once you are disconnected, you can reconnect to QuickBooks Online by selecting QuickBooks Online from the Financial section of the Integrations page
- Follow the prompts on the screen and click
- Ensure that the integration is reconnected by going back to QuickBooks and checking to see if Mosaic is listed under Apps > My Apps
- Select the Settings gear icon from the tool bar
- Under Tools, select Export data
- On the Reports tab, select visit the reports page
- Under Employees, select Time Activities by Employee Detail
- Select Customize
- Select All Dates and Group by None
- Unselect all fields under Header/Footer and select Run report
- Select the Export icon above your report and select Export to Excel
- Open the Excel file and select File > Save As... > File Format: .csv to save the file in .csv format
- Locate the Mosaic Sync Manager on your computer, there is usually a shortcut saved onto your desktop. If there is not, you may need to search for it. To search for the Mosaic Sync Manager, open your Windows Start Menu and type in "Mosaic".
- Click, or double click the icon to launch the Mosaic Sync Manager, this should open the sync manager on your screen, where you will see your Agent Token entered, and the status of your Sync Manager below.
- If the Sync Manager does not open when you click the icon, it is probably running in the background. Look in the bottom right of your screen to see if the Mosaic logo is showing in your Tool Tray. If you don't see it there but you have an up arrow (^) icon, click here to find the Mosaic icon.
- Right click on the Mosaic icon and select "Configure" from the pop up menu, the Mosaic Sync Manager should open on your screen, where you will see your Agent Token entered, and the status of your Sync Manager below.
For your data to sync between Quickbooks Desktop and Mosaic the sync manager must be running on your server or "Always-On Machine", and show the status as "Connected".
Q: I have an unused user account under my current QuickBooks license, can I set up the Mosaic user to use this unused user account?
- Yes. Mosaic recommends using a dedicated user account for your integration to avoid any conflicts between the Mosaic Sync Manager and your day-to-day operations.
- You may manually add your data into Mosaic for your trial, or import your data through a CSV import. Talk to your Mosaic Customer Success Manager for more details.
- Complete the following to create a QuickBooks admin user:
1. Choose Company > Set up Users and Passwords > Set Up Users.
2. In the User List window, select Admin and click Edit User.
3. Enter the name of the Admin user (typically “Mosaic”)
4. (Optional) Enter a password in the Administrator's Password field. Enter the password again in the Confirm Password field.
5. Click the Challenge Question drop-down arrow, select a question, and then enter an answer in the Challenge Answer field.
6. Click Next > Finish.
- The Mosaic admin user should appear in your User List as Mosaic (admin). You can also confirm that this user is an admin by logging into QuickBooks as the Mosaic user and attempting to access the Set up Users menu.
- Yes. You only need to be in single-user mode during the integration set up or maintenance (on a call with Mosaic's Integrations team).
Q: What happens if my server crashes, or the Mosaic admin is logged out from QuickBooks Desktop on my always-on computer?
- During the time that the Mosaic user cannot access QuickBooks you will not be able to sync data between QuickBooks and Mosaic. If this happens, make sure that the Mosaic Sync Agent is running on your always-on computer or server.
- Data should resume syncing once the Sync Agent is running, and the Mosaic user is logged into QuickBooks.
- Yes. The Mosaic Sync Manager should be able to access your QuickBooks company file without the QuickBooks application actively running, or the Mosaic user being logged in.
- Ensure that your Mosaic Sync Manager is running and shows 'Connected' below your agent token
- Make sure that your Always-On computer is not frozen or running too many tasks
- Make sure that you only have one instance of QuickBooks Desktop running
- Ensure QuickBooks 22 is updated to at least version R3
- Hard reboot of server/machine where QuickBooks 22 is installed to insure all QuickBooks processes and services have been reset.
- Uninstall any other versions of QuickBooks from the machine that are not in use.
- Reinstall QuickBooks 22 and the qbfc13 driver to ensure it's components have been correctly installed: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbdesktop/docs/get-started/older-versions-of-the-desktop-sdk
- Reset the QuickBooks permissions certificate if one already exists. Please talk to your Customer Success Manager for assistance completing this step.
A QuickBooks company data file is already open and it is different from the one requested or there are multiple company files open
- Close QuickBooks or open QuickBooks to the correct company file.
If that does not resolve try:
- Ask all users to close QuickBooks (including yourself).
- Once this is done, only you should sign back into the company file.
- Attempt to publish an invoice. The error message will only clear after an invoice is successfully published to QuickBooks.
Updated 4 months ago