While Mosaic can be used to create Work Plans, Work Plans can also be uploaded from tools to Mosaic for complete overviews on your team's current, past, or upcoming work
To upload Work Plans via spreadsheets:
Confirm either Mosaic Support or your Customer Success Manager have enabled the Work Plan upload tool on your account. To request this tool be added to your account, reach out to our team via [email protected]
Next, download the Work Plan template here and fill out all the fields. You can find details regarding the fields and requirements below.
It is recommended to use pre-existing projects and phases in Mosaic
It is possible to create and import new projects for your imported Work Plans during the import process. However, to help prevent any mistakes when importing, it is recommended to import/update Work Plan details into a project that already exists on Mosaic.
If importing into a pre-existing project then the names and numbers must match exactly as is on Mosaic. If they do not match exactly you may get error fields during the import process, indicating where the names do not match, or unintentionally create new projects.
Here is an overview of the details needed for each column:
|Employee Name||Full Employee Name.|
Notes: Only required if the Member does not exist in Mosaic.
If there are no matches, Mosaic will create a new Employee.
|Employee Email||Email of employee.|
Notes: This must match the existing employee email in Mosaic.
If there are no matches, Mosaic will create a new employee with the First Name, Last Name and Email.
|Unassigned Role Name||Role of the employee.|
Notes: Only required if Employee Email is not provided.
Entering only an Employee Role and no Employee Email will create an Unassigned work plan.
Enter an Unassigned Role only when assigning a work plan to an unassigned role.
|Portfolio||Name of portfolio containing the project.|
Note: This must match an existing portfolio in Mosaic.
|Project||Title of Project.|
Note: This should match the name as is in Mosaic. This must match an existing Project Name + project number in Mosaic.
|Project Ref#||Project Reference Number.|
Note This should match the number as is in Mosaic. This must match an existing Project Name + project number in Mosaic.
|Phase||Title of Phase.|
Note: Phase Name is not required if the project does not have a phase yet.
|Phase Ref#||Phase Reference Number.|
Note: Phase Ref. Num. is not required if the project does not have a phase yet.
If provided, the Phase Name + Phase Ref. Num. combination must match an existing phase on Mosaic.
|Subphase 1||Title of 1st Subphase Level.||Concept Development||No|
|Subphase Ref# 1||Reference Number of 1st Subphase Level.||120||No|
|Subphase 2||Title of 2nd Subphase Level.||Construction Documents||No|
|Subphase Ref# 2||Reference Number of 2nd Subphase Level.||300||No|
|Subphase 9||Title of 9th Subphase Level.||Blueprint Drafting||No|
|Subphase Ref# 9||Reference Number of 9th Subphase Level.||14||No|
|Work Category||Title of Work Category. Type of work being performed.|
Note: If the phase has work category restrictions then this name must match one of the categories.
|Work Category Ref#||Work Category Reference Number.||B50||No|
|Start Date||Date the work will start/started.|
Note: All dates must be in YYYY-MM-DD format.
|End Date||Date the work will end/ended.|
Notes: All dates must be in YYYY-MM-DD format. End Date cannot be before the Start Date.
|Total Hours||Total hours given to complete the project. Cannot be used together with "Hours Per Day".|
Note: Only required if “Hours Per Day” is not provided.
|Hours Per Day||Hours per day allotted between the given start/end dates.|
Note: Only required if “Total Hours” is not provided.
Cannot be used together with "Total Hours".
|Description||Description of the work plan.||Fall 2024 Work Plan||No|
|Include Days Off (Working Weekends)||Whether or not the Work Plan should add work on days off for the given task.|
Notes: Accepted values = "true" and "false"
Default value = "false"
|Is Tentative||Whether the work plan is tentative or not.|
Notes: Accepted values = "true" and "false".
Default is false.
|If the Work Plan should have a lock on the daily percentage, daily hours, or total hours.|
Notes: Accepted values = “daily percent“, “daily hours“, “total hours“.
The default value for Hours Lock is “daily hours”.
|Whether or not the Work plan should have a lock on the number of work days.|
Notes: Accepted values = “true”, “false”.
The default value for Workdays Lock is “false”.
|The daily percentage of the work plan out of the employee’s daily capacity hours.|
Note: Only required if “Total Hours” or “Hours Per Day” is not provided.
|Time the work will start/started.|
Note: Accepted format = 24-hour HH:MM.
|Time the work will end/ended.|
Notes: Accepted format = 24-hour HH:MM.
Cannot be before the start date.
Every Line Denotes a New Entry
For each individual in the Work Plan, create a separate line. If a person is assigned to multiple phases or work categories, each assignment should also have its own line. For example, if you're adding two people to a project with two phases, but only one person is working on both phases, the spreadsheet should display three data lines.
- Navigate to the Planner page from the sidebar menu on the left, and select the 3 dot menu beside the "sort" button under Work Plans, as shown below:
- Make sure the
Data to Importfield is
Work Plans. Click on the
Uploadbutton once it finishes loading.
- Select the file you would like to import using the file selector or drag and drop the file here. After filling in the first row, the other rows should auto-populate.
- For each of the columns, the software will try to auto-map the information that we need. You can also change the mapped columns by clicking the dropdown from your columns. It may take some time for the information to auto-populate in our field columns.
If there are any issues with the data, it will show number of errors for each column, and the rows that have issues. You can use the QuickFixes options.
- After you've confirmed the sheet is filled in correctly, click
Continue. You may see a message like this:
- When the data is successfully uploaded, you will see see a message like this:
- Click done to close the modal. Under the Draft Import section, click on the
Importbutton for the file that was just uploaded to review the import.
- Within the first review modal, Employees can either be linked with existing or imported as new. Once you are finished reviewing your Employees, click Continue.
- In the next page, Projects and Phases can either be linked with existing or imported as new. Once you finish reviewing the Projects and Phases, click Confirm Import. Please allow up to 24 hours for all imports to finish populating on Mosaic.
The process is the same as normal work plans, but since PTO project is a default project that is created by Mosaic, so you won't be able to find it in your projects or portfolios.
Here is the information you need:
- Portfolio Name: default name is your company name
- Project Name: default name is PTO
- Project ID: no project ID on PTO project by default, but you can manually set an ID for it
- Project Phase: PTO project has one default phase, but if your PTO project have multiple phases, make sure to specify which phase the work plan should be in.
- Go to Home > timesheet
- Click "Add Time Entry"
- Search for Time Off project in the menu.
- Project Name: Time Off
- Portfolio Name: The folder on top of the project name, should be your organization name.
- Project ID: The number on top of the project (if any)
- Phase Name: Under the project you can see 4 phases, these will be the phase names to put on the work plans.
"Vacation/Sick" is the default description of the project, this is not necessary when importing work plans.
If you didn't see a project ID on top of your PTO project, this means it doesn't have one yet. But you can add a project ID to this project.
- Click on the project and select a phase (if any). This will create a time entry like below.
- Click the three dot and select view project info.
- You will see a modal like below. From here, you can add an ID to your project or change the project name if needed and just simply press save when you are done.
- You should see your project ID (and new name) appear on the top of the project now.
If the email, project name/number, phase name/number, work category, start/end dates, and description match a previously existing Work Plan, then the existing Work Plan will be updated with the new Work Plans hours.
If the optional fields (eg. description, phase number) are omitted in both the original and new, this will count as matching.
Updated 22 days ago