While Mosaic can be used to input timesheet time, timesheet time can also be uploaded from other tools to Mosaic for complete budgets and details on the progress of your projects.
To upload timesheet time:
Confirm either Mosaic Support or your Customer Success Manager has enabled the timesheet upload tool on your account. To request this tool be added to your account, reach out to our team via [email protected]
Next, download the timesheet time import template here
Here is an overview of the details needed for each column:
|Portfolio||Name of the Portfolio that the Project is in.||2022 Projects||No|
|Project Title||Name of the Project.||Central Park||Yes|
|Project Number||Identifying Project #.||1234.1||Yes|
|Phase Name||Phase Name within the project.|
Note: Not required if there is no phase under the project.
|Phase Number||The Phase Number if the Project/ Phase is imported from an integration.|
Note: Required if there is a phase number for that phase.
|Work Category||Type of work being completed.|
Note: Not required if there is no work category under the project + phase.
|Employee Name||The Employee's Full Name.|
Note: The employee must exist on Mosaic.
|Employee Email||The Employee's Email Address.|
Note: The employee must exist on Mosaic.
|Date||Date of Time Entry.|
Note: All dates must be in YYYY-MM-DD format.
|Hours||Number of Hours.||3||Yes|
|Hourly Rate||Billable Rate.||250||No|
|Description||Details on the work being completed for the time entry.||Survey planning for south park entrance||No|
|Billable||Are the hours billable/non-billable?|
Notes: accepted values = "true", "false".
Not required if you would like the default value for that project, phase and work category to be applied to your time entry.
The default value will be "true" if the project, phase and work category are all billable. If either project, phase or work category are non-billable, the default value will be "false".
You can override the default value by providing a different value for this field.
Every Line Denotes a New Entry
For each individual in the Time Entry, create a separate line. If a person has time entries under multiple phases or work categories, each time entry should also have its own line. For example, if you're adding two time entries to a project with two phases, but only one person has time on both phases, the spreadsheet should display three data lines.
Ensure your data is accurate and has unique values in the fields below as duplicate time entries in an import will be skipped.
The following fields are used to determine the uniqueness of a time entry for importing:
- Project Title
- Project Number
- Work Category
- Employee Name
- Employee Email
Tip: Provide a unique description for your time entry if all the above fields are identical.
- Export your completed timesheet import file to the .csv format. Date fields work best in .csv formats.
- Navigate to Company Settings > Timesheet, and click the upload time entries button to upload your .csv file.
You can also import time entries from Company Settings > Import page, and click +import button.
Select time entries as the data to import.
- Select the file you would like to import using the file selector or drag and drop the file here.
- Once uploaded, the software will try to auto-map the information that we need. You can also change the mapped columns by clicking the dropdown from your columns. It may take some time for the information to auto-populate in our field columns.
Red Highlighted Entries
Any boxes that appear in red indicate there is no matching value on Mosaic or there is a typo for this cell. Please confirm if there is a typo, or if the value does not exist on Mosaic. If this is a typo, you can update the value in the uploader in the "Our Column" section. If this is not a typo, and you want to add the value to Mosaic, either skip the time entry via the checkbox to your left, or exit out of the timesheet import tool to add this value to Mosaic before trying to upload this file again.
For more information regarding grayed out rows, please refer to the Data Import FAQs.
- Once columns have been linked, and any red rows have been addressed, select "Continue" in the top right corner. Review your data once more, then click submit.
Note: You should see this message when it's successfully uploaded
- Navigate to Company Settings -> Import to find your uploaded import in the Draft Import section. Click Import button.
- New employees on the file will show on here. You can either link them with existing or imported as new. Once you are finished reviewing your Employees, click Continue.
- On this page, Projects, Phases, Subphases and Work Categories can either be linked with existing or imported as new. Once you finish reviewing, click Confirm Import on the top.
- The import will show in the Processing section. Wait for the import to complete.
- Thats it! Once the file processing is completed, it will show in the Completed section. Please allow up to 24 hours for all time entries to finish populating on Mosaic.
Ensure that Members are given at least Team Member Access Level to allow timesheet entries to be submitted by that member (Settings > Members > Access Level). Guests cannot have time entries.
Updated 17 days ago