While Mosaic can be used to input timesheet time, timesheet time can also be uploaded from other tools to Mosaic for complete budgets and details on the progress of your projects.
To upload timesheet time:
Confirm either Mosaic Support or your Customer Success Manager have enabled the timesheet upload tool on your account. To request this tool be added to your account, reach out to our team via [email protected]
Next, download the timesheet time import template here
Here is an overview of the details needed for each column:
|Project Title||Name of the Project||Central Park||Yes|
|Project Number||Identifying Project #||1234.1||Yes|
|Date||Date of Time Entry||2022-01-05|
Note: All dates must be in YYYY-MM-DD format.
|Hours||Number of Hours||3||Yes|
|Phase||Phase within the project||Surveying||Note: Not required if there is no phase under the project.|
|Work Category||Type of work being completed||Planning||Note: Not required if there is no work category under the project + phase.|
|Employee Name||Full Employee Name||John Smith||Yes|
|Employee Email||Employee's Email Address||[email protected]||Yes|
|Hourly Rate||Billable Rate||250||No|
|Description||Details on the work being completed for the time entry||Survey planning for south park entrance||No|
|Billable||Are the hours billable/non-billable?||accepted values = "true", "false"||Note: Not required if you would like the default value for that project, phase and work category to be applied to your time entry.|
The default value will be "true" if the project, phase and work category are all billable. If either project, phase or work category are non-billable, the default value will be "false".
You can override the default value by providing a different value for this field.
|Porfolio||Name of the Portfolio that the Project is in||2022 Projects||No|
|Phase Number||The Phase Number if the Project/ Phase is imported from an integration||200||Note: Required if there is a phase number for that phase.|
Ensure your data is accurate and has unique values in the fields below as duplicate time entries in an import will be skipped.
The following fields are used to determine the uniqueness of a time entry for importing:
- Project Title
- Project Number
- Work Category
- Employee Name
- Employee Email
Tip: Provide a unique description for your time entry if all the above fields are identical.
- Export your completed timesheet import file to the .csv format. Date fields work best in .csv formats.
- Navigate to Company Settings -> Timesheets, and select upload time entries to upload your .csv file.
- Select the file you would like to import using the file selector or drag and drop the file here.
- Once uploaded, the software will try to auto-map the information that we need. You can also change the mapped columns by clicking the dropdown from your columns. It may take some time for the information to auto-populate in our field columns.
Red Highlighted Entries
Any boxes that appear in red indicate there is no matching value on Mosaic or there is a typo for this cell. Please confirm if there is a typo, or if the value does not exist on Mosaic. If this is a typo, you can update the value in the uploader in the "Our Column" section. If this is not a typo, and you want to add the value to Mosaic, either skip the time entry via the checkbox to your left, or exit out of the timesheet import tool to add this value to Mosaic before trying to upload this file again.
For more information regarding grayed out rows, please refer to the Data Import FAQs.
- Once columns have been linked, and any red rows have been addressed, select "Continue" in the top right corner and click submit data.
Note: You should see this message when it's successfully uploaded
- Thats it! Your newly uploaded timesheet entries have been successfully uploaded to Mosaic. Please allow up to 24 hours for all time entries to finish populating on Mosaic.
Ensure that Members are given at least Team Member Access Level to allow timesheet entries to be submitted by that member (Settings > Members > Access Level). Guests cannot have time entries.
Updated 3 months ago